This Blog is my way of inviting you into our home and sharing the culinary adventures that have shaped my life.
I absolutely love sushi! Although, sushi can get expensive when buying out and time-consuming if prepping at home. This is why this spicy mango salmon rice bowl is a quick and easy alternative. Cooked salmon on a bed of rice topped with juicy mango, fresh cucumber, seaweed, and spicy mayo. It’s so delicious!
This Spicy Mango Salmon Rice Bowl is a delicious fusion of flavors. Grilled salmon is glazed with a spicy mango sauce and served over a bed of rice, creating a harmonious blend of sweet and spicy. Topped with fresh herbs and diced mango, it's a feast for the senses.
2 cups white rice
2 cups water
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb salmon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 large mango (diced)
1 cucumber (sliced)
1 package of seaweed
1 tbsp sriracha mayo
Rice seasoning (optional)
Green onion (optional)
- Scoop 2 cups of rice into the rice cooker pot. Rinse, drain, and repeat for about 4 times or until the water runs clear. Add 2 cups of water and set the rice cooker to cook.
- Dice the mango and slice the cucumber.
- Heat olive oil in a medium-sized pan over medium heat. Season both sides of the salmon with salt and pepper. Add salmon cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from heat.
- Add the rice to the bottom of the bowl and lay the salmon on top.
- Add mango, cucumber, and seaweed.
- Drizzle sriracha mayo on top with rice seasoning and green onion if desired. Enjoy!
- *Rice- I love my Tiger rice cooker, but if you do not have a rice cooker, you can still make this recipe. Check out the steps below to see how.
- *Salmon- I like using frozen salmon filets that are boneless, but you can use fresh as well. If you use frozen, be sure to thaw ahead of time.
- Toppings- Sriracha mayo adds a great spice to this recipe and the rice seasoning makes the dish taste just like sushi. Although optional, I highly recommend it!
The Burst of Flavors
With each bite of your Spicy Mango Salmon Rice Bowl, you’ll experience a delightful burst of flavors. The richness of the grilled salmon combines harmoniously with the sweetness of the mango salsa.
The creamy avocado provides a soothing contrast, while the spiciness of Sriracha sauce adds an exciting kick.
The jasmine rice ties everything together with its fragrant and nutty notes. This fusion dish is a true celebration of taste and texture.
The Spicy Mango Salmon Rice Bowl is a culinary masterpiece that’s easy to prepare and guaranteed to impress your taste buds.
Whether you’re cooking for yourself or hosting a dinner party, this dish will leave a lasting impression.
So, roll up your sleeves, gather the ingredients, and embark on a flavor-packed journey that combines the best of both worlds: savory and sweet, spicy and soothing. and if you are a rice recipe lover check this awesome recipe about Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice Soup.
Can I use any type of rice for this dish?
While jasmine rice is recommended for its aromatic qualities, you can certainly use other types of rice like basmati or brown rice if you prefer.
How spicy is the Spicy Mango Salmon Rice Bowl?
The level of spiciness depends on the amount of Sriracha sauce you use. You can adjust it to your personal preference.
Can I substitute the salmon with another type of fish?
Yes, you can substitute salmon with other fish like trout or mahi-mahi, but keep in mind that it might alter the flavor profile.
Is this dish suitable for vegetarians?
While the original recipe features salmon, you can create a vegetarian version by using tofu or tempeh instead of fish.
Can I prepare the mango salsa in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the mango salsa ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. It’s a great time-saving tip for busy evenings.