This Blog is my way of inviting you into our home and sharing the culinary adventures that have shaped my life.
If there is one type of meal that I could eat for the rest of my life, it would be chicken and rice. This is why this teriyaki chicken recipe is my go-to meal to make whenever I get that craving. I love this recipe because it is super easy to make and can be ready in less than 30 minutes. All you need is chicken thighs and a few ingredients to make the sauce. Serve with rice and/or vegetables and you get yourself a delicious dinner!
- Wok or large skillet
- A small bowl or measuring cup
Simple Teriyaki ChickenCuisine: JapaneseDifficulty: Easy
This Simple Teriyaki Chicken recipe offers a delicious balance of sweet and savory flavors. Juicy chicken thighs are glazed in a luscious homemade teriyaki sauce that's both easy to make and healthier than takeout. Enjoy this mouthwatering dish with steamed rice and your favorite vegetables for a satisfying meal.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lb chicken thighs (sliced)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/4 cup soy sauce (low-sodium)
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp light brown sugar
1 tbsp rice Vinegar
1 tsp garlic (minced)
2 tsp cornstarch
2 tbsp green onion (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until fully cooked (160 degrees).
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine soy sauce (low-sodium), water, honey, light brown sugar, rice vinegar, garlic, and cornstarch.
- Mix in sauce with the cooked chicken and continue to cook for about 1 minute longer, or until the sauce has thickened to your liking.
- Remove from heat and top with green onion if desired. Serve with rice and/or vegetables. Enjoy!
- Type of Chicken- You can use chicken breast, but I love using thighs because of how juicy they are.
This simple teriyaki chicken recipe is the perfect solution for those chicken and rice cravings. It’s incredibly easy to prepare, taking less than 30 minutes from start to finish. The result? Juicy chicken thighs coated in a delicious sauce that rivals your favorite takeout. With basic ingredients and a wok or skillet, you can whip up this savory dish in no time.
Whether you choose to serve it with rice, vegetables, or both, you’re in for a delightful and satisfying dinner. Feel free to customize it to your liking, using chicken breast if preferred.
This recipe is a true testament to the beauty of homemade meals that are both quick and mouthwateringly tasty. Enjoy your homemade teriyaki chicken!
Read also: Panda Express Beef and Broccoli Copycat