This Panda Express beef and broccoli copycat recipe is delicious and easy to make. Ready in 15 minutes, you’ll be eating a meal that tastes just like takeout!
Asian cuisine is my favorite type of food! Especially when it comes down to meat with vegetables and rice. Which is why I love this beef and broccoli recipe! I love how easy it is to make and it tastes just like the beef and broccoli meal you can buy at Panda Express. This recipe includes steak mixed with steamed broccoli in a delicious sauce. Simple, but so tasty!
- Wok or large saucepan
- Small pot
- Small bowl
Panda Express Beef and Broccoli CopycatDifficulty: Easy
Craving your favorite Panda Express dish at home? This Beef and Broccoli Copycat recipe delivers the same savory satisfaction. Tender beef and crisp broccoli florets are coated in a rich and flavorful sauce, reminiscent of your beloved takeout
Steak- Sliced thinly. I had some leftover top sirloin, so I used that.
Broccoli- Cut into bite-sized pieces.
Olive oil- I almost always cook with olive oil, but canola or vegetable oil would work too.
Oyster sauce- For the sauce.
Water- For the sauce.
Brown sugar- For the sauce.
Soy sauce- For the sauce.
Cornstarch- To thicken the sauce.
- Cook the steak: Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium pan on high heat. Add half of the 1 lb of thinly sliced steak into the pan. Sear for 1-2 minutes, then flip over and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from the pan and separate the other batch. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Fill a small pot about ½-¾ full of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, add the 1 lb of broccoli and cover. Steam for about 4-5 minutes. Drain the water and set aside.
- Combine 1 teaspoon of garlic, 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce, 2 tablespoons of water, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Add the beef and broccoli back to the pan, along with the sauce. Stir to coat and remove from heat. Enjoy!
- Serve with rice or chow mein.