This Blog is my way of inviting you into our home and sharing the culinary adventures that have shaped my life.
Today, I want to share something different, I’m going to make Dosakaya Chicken Curry, a special dish from South India. It blends the fresh taste of dosakaya (yellow cucumber) with chicken.
If you enjoy mixing fruits with chicken, this dish is perfect for you. It showcases how wonderful Indian food can be. I discovered this recipe in a Facebook group and decided to give it a try. I won’t lie, the taste was very different from any chicken curry I’ve had before, but it’s not bad. I’m sure a lot of people will love this kind of dish.
Dosakaya Chicken Curry is a great option if you want a tasty and healthy meal. It’s filled with the goodness of dosakaya and the protein kick from chicken.
This recipe is perfect for those who love chicken and fruits in the same dish,
To start making this Dosakaya Chicken Curry recipe, gather these ingredients:
- 1 lb chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 dosakaya (yellow cucumber), peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, pureed
- 2 green chilies, slit
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Curry leaves for garnish
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
How to Make Dosakaya Chicken Curry
Mix chicken with yogurt, turmeric, red chili powder, and salt. Wait for 30 minutes to make it super tasty!
Heat oil, and add seeds. When they pop, add onions and cook till golden. Add special paste (ginger-garlic and green chilies) and cook until it smells really good.
Cook the chicken until it turns gold. Add tomato puree, coriander powder, and curry leaves. Cook until you see some oil.
Add cut dosakaya, and stir it well. Let it cook until the chicken and dosakaya are just right.
Garnish and Serve
Put fresh coriander on top. Eat it hot with rice or naan
This is the equipment you need to have to make this Dosakaya Chicken Curry recipe
- Cutting board and knife
- Pan for sautéing
- Mixing bowls for marination
- Blender for pureeing tomatoes
- Ladle for stirring
- Serving dish
How to Store Dosakaya Chicken Curry
If you have some yummy Dosakaya Chicken Curry left, keep it in a sealed container in the fridge. It stays good for 2-3 days, When you’re ready to eat it again, just heat it up quickly in the microwave or on the stove. Enjoy!
Best Food and Drink Pairings
Can I use boneless chicken instead of chicken with bones?
Yes, Just tweak the cooking time since boneless chicken cooks faster.
Is dosakaya necessary, or can I substitute it with another ingredient?
Dosakaya adds a special flavor, It is an important ingredient to make it classic, but if you don’t have it, you can use zucchini or yellow squash.
How can I make the curry less spicy?
To make it less spicy, use fewer green chilies and red chili powder according to your taste.
Dosakaya Chicken Curry is a joyous mix of taste and tradition, bringing the finest of South Indian cuisine to your table. if you want something different give this recipe a shot. Spread the love by sharing it with friends and family, and make sure to subscribe to our blog for more tasty recipes.
Dosakaya Chicken CurryCourse: DinnerCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Intermediate
Enjoy yummy South Indian food! Dosakaya Chicken Curry is a mix of chicken and dosakaya, making a spicy and tangy curry. It's a bit challenging to make, but when you do, it's a yummy South Indian dish on your plate. Eat it with rice or naan for the best taste.
1 lb chicken, cut into pieces
2 dosakaya (yellow cucumber), peeled and diced
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 tomatoes, pureed
2 green chilies, slit
1/2 cup yogurt
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon red chili powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
Curry leaves for garnish
Fresh coriander for garnish
2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Mix chicken with yogurt, turmeric, red chili powder, and salt. Wait for 30 minutes to make it super tasty!
- Heat oil, and add seeds. When they pop, add onions and cook till golden. Add special paste (ginger-garlic and green chilies) and cook until it smells really good.
- Cook the chicken until it turns gold. Add tomato puree, coriander powder, and curry leaves. Cook until you see some oil.
- Add cut dosakaya, and stir it well. Let it cook until the chicken and dosakaya are just right.
- Put fresh coriander on top. Eat it hot with rice or naan
- Take your time to mix chicken with yogurt, turmeric, red chili powder, and salt. It makes the chicken soft.
- When you add dosakaya, be careful with the time. Dosakaya is soft, and too much cooking can make it mushy. Cook it just enough to keep it fresh and a bit crunchy.
- Make the curry just right for you! If you want it less spicy, use fewer green chilies and red chili powder. Adjust it so your Dosakaya Chicken Curry is perfect for your taste.